THE OHAUS ADVANTAGE
OHAUS has been producing safe, precise, and reliable scales, analytical instruments, and laboratory equipment since Gustav and Karl Ohaus founded the company in 1907. We have evolved alongside the industries we serve, ensuring we not only meet their needs today, but anticipate their needs of tomorrow. This is the OHAUS Advantage – built on the core principles of Trust, Agility, Ingenuity, and Commitment.
Open Air Shaker
Light Duty Orbital Shakers
Choose the Perfect Light Duty Orbital Shaker You Can Trust for Reliable Everyday Shaking
- Designed for flexibility with your applications – OHAUS Light Duty Shakers include the ready-to-use tray and mat, or remove the mat and customize the tray with over 20 easy-to-install accessories.
- Well-performing economical choice for your everyday laboratory shaking needs. Non-digital model offers reliable shaking across the entire speed range with the robust triple eccentric drive design.
- Microplate shaker is designed to securely hold up to four microplates or deepwell plates, or easily install two microtube racks. Units slowly increase speed to desired setpoint to avoid splashing.
Heavy Duty Orbital Shakers
Eight Orbital Shakers Offering a Variety of Capacities and Flexibility to Maximize Sample Processing
- Ready for your lab – all models include a tray and rubber mat and can be customized with over 70 accessory options.
- Rely on the digital shakers’ exclusive Accu-Drive shaking system for exceptional speed control, accuracy and durability. All models feature a maintenance-free motor for long-term use.
- Protect your samples. Optimal speed ramping feature slowly increases speed to setpoint to avoid splashing. The load sensor detects unbalanced conditions and automatically reduces to a safe speed.
Extreme Environment Shakers
High Performance Orbital Shaker Designed to Withstand Extreme Environments Up To 100% Humidity
- Defy the elements – rely on this orbital shaker’s unique construction to deliver exceptional speed control, accuracy and durability under the most extreme environmental conditions.
- Best in class load capacity to maximize efficiency in your incubator. Customize the Extreme Environment Shaker for your unique application with over 50 accessories.
- For repeatable results, the exclusive Accu-Drive shaking system ensures speed accuracy. The triple eccentric drive provides smooth, stable shaking motion throughout the entire speed range.
Rocking & Waving Shakers
Reliable Rocking and Waving Shakers with Simple Adjustments for Tilt Angle and Speed
- Electronic control allows simple tilt angle and speed adjustments while the unit is still running to achieve optimal mixing
- Achieve reproducible results you can trust with digital models. Precisely adjust the tilt angle in 1° increments with variable speed down to 1 rpm with intuitive touchpad controls.
- Optimal speed ramping feature slowly increases speed to desired setpoint to avoid splashing. Smooth rocking or waving motion is maintained with state-of- the-art motor and electronics.
Providing Consistent, Repeatable Reciprocating Shaking Action for a Variety of Applications
- A flexible unit for the lab – our multi-purpose Reciprocating Shakers can be customized to fit your unique workflow needs using a wide variety of accessories.
- Reciprocating motion is ideal for gentle-to-vigorous mixing of separatory funnels with the sturdy separatory funnel platform. Other optional platforms for flask clamps, media bottles and tube racks.
- Designed for safety – speed ramping feature slowly increases speed to avoid splashing. Load sensor detects unbalanced conditions and automatically reduces to a safe speed to protect samples.
Mini Vortex Mixers
Choose the Perfect Vortex Mixer From Four Durable Models for Everyday Mixing
- Touch mode operation activates mixing when depressing the cup head or continuous mode for use with accessory attachments. Sturdy, rugged design ensures the unit stays in place while in use.
- Robust digital and non-digital Vortex Mixers offer effective speed control from low RPM start-up for gentle shaking to high-speed mixing for vigorous vortexing of samples.
- The Fixed Speed Vortex Mixer is an economical choice for vigorous mixing of samples at high speed. To ease repetitive sample processing, this unit provides simple, effective full-speed mixing.
Heavy-Duty Vortex Mixers
Increase Productivity with Continuous-Duty Vortexing of Multiple Samples
- Safe to mix at high speeds – the unique locking design of the mixer accessories allows the mixer to safely operate throughout the entire speed range.
- For the most demanding applications, these mixers utilize a high quality German-manufactured motor, allowing for continuous duty operation and increased load capacities up to 1.1 kg.
- Robust digital and non-digital models offer effective speed control from low rpm for gentle shaking to high-speed mixing for vigorous vortexing of difficult samples.
Microplate Vortex Mixers
The Ideal Solution for Dependable Vortex Mixing of Microplates
- Safe to mix at high speeds – the innovative locking design of the microplate accessories allows these mixers to safely operate throughout the entire speed range.
- These mixers utilize a high quality German-manufactured motor allowing for reliable, continuous-duty operation at any speed.
- Robust digital and non-digital models offer effective speed control from low rpm for gentle shaking to high-speed mixing for vigorous vortexing of samples.
Multi-Tube Vortex Mixers
Powerful Hands-Free Vortex Mixer for Efficient High-Throughput Mixing
- Easily process up to 50 samples at one time – the Multi-Tube Vortex Mixer can be customized for your application with six different tube racks and a post- extension kit.
- The Multi-Tube Vortex Mixers feature either an easy to clean one-piece stainless steel housing that is perfect for clean rooms or a painted steel version for a more economical option.
- For challenging samples, enhance vortex action & create a more vigorous mix with the programmable pulse mode on the digital models. Adjust the pulse-on/pulse-off time interval to customize operation.
Incubating and Incubating cooling Shaker
Incubating Cooling Thermal Shakers
Industry Leading Thermal Shaker with Exceptional Heating/Cooling Performance with High Speed Shaking
- Best in class temperature performance. Enhanced electronics and software allow for fast and accurate temperature control you can trust. Cooling models reach temperatures down to 17°C below ambient.
- Intuitive touchscreen for simple operation and programming. Set the functions and the comprehensive help screens in one of six languages to guide the user through the operation of the unit.
- Easily create programs for repeat applications. Storage for five separate, 5-step programs. The USB port allows the transfer of test data to a flash drive for data logging and program storage.
Incubating Light Duty Orbital Shakers
Save Bench Space with Combined Incubating and Shaking Features
- Designed to provide flexibility in your applications, these shakers with a 4 kg capacity include the ready-to-use tray to customize with over 10 easy-to-install accessories.
- When precision is required, achieve temperature accuracy with the user-controlled temperature calibration feature for sensitive applications. Digital control for reliable and repeatable shaking speed.
- Microplate shaker is designed to hold up to 4 microplates or deepwell plates, or easily install 2 microtube racks. Two options – opaque lid for light sensitive samples and clear lid for viewing samples.
Incubating Cooling Orbital Shakers
Innovatively Designed Incubating Orbital Shaker to Heat, Cool and Shake Samples
- Designed to provide flexibility in your applications, these shakers are microplate ready – no accessories required, and can easily accommodate modular blocks with the included block adapter.
- When precision is required, achieve temperature accuracy with the unique temperature calibration feature for sensitive applications. Digital control for reliable and repeatable shaking speed.
- Innovative temperature system allows for fast, accurate and uniform temperatures you can trust. The unique Peltier design with direct plate-to-sample contact offers precise heating and cooling.
Incubating Rocking & Waving Shakers
Save Incubator Space with Unique Benchtop Incubating Rocking and Waving Shakers
- Electronic control allows simple tilt angle, speed and temperature adjustments while the unit is still running to achieve optimal mixing.
- Achieve reproducible results you can trust. Precisely adjust the tilt angle in 1° increments, vary the speed by 1 rpm and set temperature in 1°C increments with intuitive touchpad controls.
- Innovative speed ramping feature slowly increases speed to desired setpoint to avoid splashing. Smooth rocking or waving motion is maintained with unique, state-of-the-art motor and electronics.